Right this moment is the final day to register for my upcoming webinar: Why Do Vegetarians Have Increased Stroke Danger?
Date and Time: February 19, 2-4pm ET
Final Day to Register: February 13, TODAY
Provided that hypertension and insufficient fruit and vegetable consumption are among the many most vital stroke danger components, you’d assume these consuming plant-based diets could be at considerably decrease danger, simply as they’re with coronary heart assaults. You is likely to be shocked to be taught that there had by no means been any research on the incidence of stroke in vegetarians, although…till now. And in case you suppose that’s stunning, wait till you hear the outcomes. Sure, that they had decrease coronary heart illness danger as anticipated, however these consuming meat-free diets appeared to have extra stroke danger. If that’s certainly the case, what is likely to be the trigger, and what can we do about it?
To see the record of subjects I’ll cowl, go right here.
Previous Webinars Accessible
The movies from my most up-to-date webinar, What Triggered the Weight problems Epidemic?, are actually accessible for digital obtain right here.
The truth is, all of my earlier webinars can be found:
Lots of the movies from these webinars are already up on NutritionFacts.org, however in case you’d like them multi function place, try the downloads. Be aware that these are simply the movies from the webinars, and don’t embrace the dwell Q&As.
Looking for Spanish Volunteers
Our Spanish staff is in search of just a few skilled translators to work on translating and enhancing transcripts, weblog posts, and video subtitles. Candidates ought to be proficient in each Spanish and English, with earlier translation expertise and a primary understanding of NutritionFacts.org content material and medical phrases. Go right here to use.
New B12 Suggestions
I need to make certain everybody is aware of that my B12 complement suggestions have modified primarily based on new analysis. Essentially the most up-to-date data can at all times be discovered on my Optimum Diet Suggestions web page, however right here they’re for simple reference:
- Not less than 2,000 mcg (µg) cyanocobalamin as soon as every week, ideally as a chewable, sublingual, or liquid complement taken on an empty abdomen
- or no less than 50 mcg each day of supplemental cyanocobalamin (you needn’t fear about taking an excessive amount of)
- or servings of B12-fortified meals 3 times a day (at every meal), every containing no less than 190% of the Every day Worth listed on the diet info label (primarily based on the brand new labeling mandated to begin January 1, 2020—the goal is 4.5 mcg 3 times a day).
- These over 65 years of age ought to take no less than 1,000 mcg (µg) cyanocobalamin day by day.
- Tip: If experiencing deficiency signs, the most effective check might be urine MMA (not serum B12 stage)
I’ve acquired a collection of recent movies popping out explaining the adjustments that shall be featured in an upcoming webinar—keep tuned!
Dr. Barnard’s New E book
My pricey buddy and colleague, Dr. Neal Barnard, simply launched his new guide. Your Physique in Steadiness on how meals have an effect on our hormones and the straightforward dietary adjustments that may assist. This guide supplies step-by-step steering on how particular meals can assist with infertility, cramps, endometriosis, PCOS, sizzling flashes, and erectile dysfunction, in addition to breast and prostate most cancers via evidence-based dietary change. It additionally discusses how meals have an effect on our weight, temper, and general well being. Be taught extra right here.
Reside Q&As February 20
- Fb Reside: At 12:00 p.m. ET go to our Fb web page to observe dwell and ask questions.
- YouTube Reside Stream: At 1:00 p.m. ET go right here to observe dwell and ask much more questions!
Because of the launch of How To not Weight loss plan, I’ve been doing tons of interviews in between my talking engagements (together with Rochester, MN, Savannah, and Lakeland, FL, to call only a few). Take a look at this latest one on The Wellnest weblog for an summary of what’s within the new guide!
Michael Greger, M.D.
PS: In case you haven’t but, you’ll be able to subscribe to my free movies right here and watch my dwell, year-in-review shows: